Mission Statement & Beliefs
- Planting seeds of Christlikeness in the hearts of children;
- Pursuing excellence in academics;
- Preparing students for future service in God’s kingdom in their homes, churches, and professions.
First Presbyterian Day School Beliefs
- Each student is created in the image of God and is a valued individual with unique spiritual, physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- All students can learn, achieve, and succeed based on their unique God-given physical, social, emotional, and intellectual abilities.
- The gospel will be presented to the students so that they will realize their need of a personal relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ.
- The school should help each student realize his full academic potential as a unique individual created by God.
- Students should be taught to treat everyone with love and respect since they, too, are created in the image of God.
- The school should help the student to develop self-discipline and responsibility based on respect for and submission to God and His Word.
- Developmentally appropriate activities enhance learning at all levels; therefore, instructional practices should incorporate learning activities that take into account as many different learning styles as possible.
- Exceptional students should be offered special services and resources.
- Teachers, administrators, the church-appointed Board of Trustees, and parents share the responsibility for the support of the school’s mission.
- The school should teach students that the Bible is God’s inspired and inerrant Word and help students to develop attitudes of love and respect for it.
- The school should help the student develop a Christian worldview by integrating life and studies with Biblical truths.