Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- The FPDS preschool was founded upon developing a child spiritually, socially, emotionally, and academically through both small and large group learning opportunities.
- Children must be three or four years of age by September 1 and potty-trained.
- The preschool offers K3 and K4 five-day a week classes only and maintains the same calendar schedule as FPDS.
- K3 and K4 runs 8:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., with drop-in Crusader Circle (preschool’s own after-school program) available until 6 p.m. Early room is provided beginning at 7:30 a.m. for no additional cost. The Under the Oaks summer program is open in June and July for rising K4 and K5 students. (Students must have attended FPDS one year prior to enrolling.)
- The cost of Crusader Circle from 12:15 to 6 p.m. is $4.75/ hour. Parents are only charged for the time that their child spends on campus and are billed at the end of each month.
- K3 and K4 students are not assessed prior to entering FPDS.
- K3 students focus on developmentally appropriate pre-reading skills, concentrating on a letter sound each week. K4 curriculum includes SuperKids Happily Ever After and developmentally appropriate math. Science and social studies topics are woven throughout for all ages.
- Bible stories, characters, and concepts are taught daily. Special subjects such as cooking, movement, science, and TOTS are included during weekly class time.
- FPDS believes in a balanced approach to technology. We view technology as a tool to learning and as an important resource in helping students collaborate and create. However, we also believe that holding a book in your hands and turning the pages is essential to the learning process. Therefore, FPDS reinforces the skills preschoolers are learning with an appropriate amount of technology.
- For children staying for Crusader Circle, a hot lunch is available for purchase and delivered to the classrooms from the cafeteria. Lunch may also be brought from home. FPDS provides a morning and late-afternoon snack.
- Students are required to wear uniforms.
- A variety of after-school, extra-curricular activities are offered to preschool age students.
- Students and their parents will be invited to a Welcome Party in the spring prior to the first day of school.