Each week our students attend a chapel service in the sanctuary with their grade levels. It is a sweet time for both students and teachers to worship together through prayer, singing, and studying God’s Word. First Presbyterian Church pastors will speak in chapel monthly, and Christians from around the community as well as missionaries serving the church worldwide are often guest speakers - a great opportunity to show our students how the Lord uses His people in various ways to impact the world for Christ!
This year our chapel theme is "Rooted: Learning to Live from Our Identity in Christ," based on our theme verse of Colossians 2:6-7, "Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving."
The 2018-19 featured chapel hymn is "My Jesus I Love Thee."
Each month the Day School will be involved in an ‘In Service’ project where all chapel offerings will be donated to an organization within our community, and we will focus on a different study:
- September: North State Street Fire Department; "Rooted in Christ: A New Creation"
- October: Local Police Department; "Rooted in Christ: By Faith"
- November: FPC Janitorial Staff/ FPDS Lunch Staff; "The Head and the Body"
- December: FPC Church Staff
- January: Neighborhood Christian Center; "The Vine and the Branches"
- February: Batson Children's Hospital; "The Building and the Cornerstone"
- March: Twin Lakes Camp and Conference Center "Christ is Our Life"
- April: The Newman Family; "Rooted for: Holiness"
- May: The Newman Family; "Rooted for: Missions"
- Mondays: K3 - K4
- Tuesdays: 1st & 2nd grades
- Wednesday: 5th & 6th grades
- Thursdays: 3rd & 4th grades
- Fridays: K5 (twice a month)