Carpool & Safety
The safety of all students is one of the most important matters pertaining to school each day.
• All curbs of Belhaven and Pinehurst Streets (all the way to Jefferson Street) are for drop-off/pick-up only from 7:15-8 a.m. and from 2:15-3:15 p.m. If you are parking and exiting your vehicle, park in the lots. No vehicle should be parked in any curbside lane during these times.
Once your child is in the car, you can pull out of line to leave. Cars behind should pull forward so that we keep a moving line along the curb.
•Students who remain outside at 3 p.m. will be sent to check in at Company.
Morning and Afternoon Carpool Reminders:
• Do not use your phone during the drop-off or pick-up process. Looking down at a text or to dial a number, even for a second, is unacceptable. We have too much foot and car traffic during this time to be looking at our phones. PLEASE wait until you are out of our loading and unloading area before using your phone in any manner.
• Drivers should not make u-turns in the road.
• Students, friends, and family should only cross the street at designated crosswalks, which are on Pinehurst at the school entrance and Belhaven next to the covered driveway only. **The crosswalk at Miller Hall/ church driveway on Pinehurst is NOT a designated crosswalk.
• Students should not be dropped-off or unloaded from a vehicle in the street and allowed to walk between cars. This is unnecessary and unsafe at any time.
K3-6th Grade Morning and Afternoon Carpool (7:30 to 8 a.m.)
Parents should drop-off students on Pinehurst Street and Belhaven Street next to the curb only, not into the streets. The porte cochere on Belhaven Street is for families of K3 and K4 students only.
Preschool Afternoon Carpool (12:00 p.m.)
Parents should form a line along the curb of Belhaven Street. Teachers will load children into their cars.
Kindergarten Afternoon Carpool (12:15 p.m.)
Parents should form a line along the curb of Pinehurst Street (westbound). Teachers will accompany children to their cars.
Rainy Day Carpool
On rare occasions when tornado warnings or severe thunderstorms are present at 2:40 p.m., students will not be dismissed to stand outside in dangerous weather conditions. The students will be held in groups according to their carpool numbers inside the main entrance. Please allow for extra time.
Security guards are posted on both the Belhaven and Pinehurst Street parking lots 24 hours a day. Cameras are also posted inside and outside the building. ALL doors remain locked. Parents will use a code or be buzzed in at one door at the Pinehurst Entrance and one door at the Belhaven Entrance