PARENTS' CONTACT INFO
Parents are asked to maintain current email addresses with their child’s teacher and via ParentsWeb:
MESSAGES FOR STUDENTS
If you have a timely message for your child, please call the school office as teachers are away from their computers and phone the majority of the day.
School-wide announcements will be sent via email every Friday. Information to include should be sent to Meredith Johnson, Director of Communications (email@example.com), by noon on Wednesdays.
FPDS will not send emails out on behalf of parents for any non-school sponsored activity. Parents are responsible for distributing these emails to their child’s classes or grade levels.
In the event it becomes necessary to close school, you will receive a text message and email. Closings may also be viewed at fpds.org or via social media.
FPDS utilizes FACTS ParentAlert for our text messaging system. Please ensure that your contact numbers are up-to-date in our system by following the instructions below.
- Log into to ParentsWeb at https://fp-ms.client.renweb.com/pw/
- Click on School Information in the left column to expand that menu.
- Click on Web Forms.
- In the middle of the screen click on the Family Demographics form.
- Click the Custodial Parent form button next to each of the parents.
- Review (and update if necessary) your home and cell phone numbers.
- On the bottom half of the form look under Preferences and choose the appropriate ParentAlert options. At a minimum Parent Alert Cell Phone should be set to “yes” and Parent Alert Do Not Want Text set to “no” in order to receive text alerts.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the form.
- Repeat for each parent.
OTHER METHODS OF SCHOOL COMMUNICATION
Our web site www.fpds.org is a valuable resource for all FPDS information for your family. Also, please make sure to like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FirstPDS) and follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/FirstPDS) and Instagram (@fpdscrusaders).