The uniform policy of FPDS encourages an atmosphere of learning and eliminates competition in dress. Our school desires cooperation from both students and parents in order for the uniform policy to work well. Please see student handbook for specific dress code information.
Teachers will monitor student dress each day and will issue warning slips to any student violating the dress code. The administrative team will randomly inspect student dress and issue dress code violations as needed. If your child receives a dress code violation notice, please help him or her correct the violation and sign and return the slip to school the next day. Please note that in some cases, a student may be asked to call his or her parents to bring different clothing to correct a violation. Students who do not take care of dress code violations involving hair within a seven-day period will be sent home until hair is cut to meet school requirements. Students who are repeat offenders of the dress code policy may face detention or suspension. The administrative team reserves the right to initiate revisions to the dress code as needed during the school year. Parents and students will be notified of any revisions that are made.
Lands' End is the school’s uniform provider. Uniforms can be purchased online at
FPDS offers apparel for sale through our Crusader Clothing Co. that the administration has approved to be worn to school as part of the uniform.
- All approved uniforms may be purchased through Lands' End or at the FPDS Uniform Swap Shop.
- Only FPDS outerwear is allowed to be worn in the classrooms/buildings and at PE/ recess during academic hours. (May be purchased through Lands' End or Crusader Clothing Co.)
- Boys are required to wear belts with pants and shorts, with all shirts tucked in. (Exceptions may be made on Spirit Days).
- A plain, white undershirt, camisole, or long-sleeve t-shirt may be worn under shirts, but must be tucked in.
- Girls’ shirts are not tucked in.
- Jumpers, skirts, and skorts must be no more than 6 inches above the floor when kneeling. Girls must wear plain, navy blue modesty shorts or leggings.
- Skirts, skorts, and jumpers MUST show at the bottom underneath sweatshirts.
- All shoes must be closed-toe, rubber soled, with heels no higher than 2 inches and boots no taller than ankles.
- All socks must be visible and white, navy blue, or grey-colored. Small branding logos are allowed as long as the socks meet the prescribed guidelines. Students may also wear FPDS socks sold by the school.
- All hair should be neat with no extreme styles or hair colors. Boys’ haircuts must be trimmed neatly above the eyebrows, not touching the back collar of the shirt, with sides no longer than the earlobes.
- Uniforms, outerwear, and shoes should be in good condition (not ripped, faded, ragged, or with holes) and should be appropriately fitted to each child.
- Be sure to label all jackets and clothes with your child’s name.
- Lost uniform pieces are placed in the “lost and found” bin in the gym.
GENERAL INFORMATION:K3-K5 ONLY
- We encourage velcro, closed-toe shoes; we do not recommend boots or sandals.
- K3-K5 students may wear their choice of outerwear.
REQUIRED DRESS CODE: PRESCHOOL
For school picture days, K3-K4 girls are required to wear the light blue preschool dress. Boys are required to wear a short-sleeve or long-sleeve navy or light blue shirt (mesh or cotton) with khaki shorts or pants.
REQUIRED DRESS: KINDERGARTEN - SECOND GRADE
For school picture days, kindergarten through second grade girls are required to wear the plaid jumper with peter pan (rounded) collared white shirt. Boys are required to wear a navy or green shirt with khaki shorts or pants. Chapel dress for first and second grade boys will be the same dress as school picture days.
DRESS CODE: THIRD THROUGH SIXTH GRADE
For chapel and school picture days, third through sixth grade girls are required to wear the plaid skirt with square-collared white shirt. Boys are required to wear a navy or green shirt with khaki shorts or pants.
ATTIRE FOR FIELD TRIPS/ SPECIAL REWARD DAYS/ FRIDAY SPIRIT DAYS
On Fridays, field trips, class picnics, special reward days, etc., students may wear FPDS apparel sold through The Crusader Clothing Co. along with jeans with no rips or holes; and/or uniform shorts or skirts. Leggings must be worn with shorts or uniform skirts over them (no plain leggings). Sweatshirts must have no rips, tears, or holes, and fit properly.